HIV / AIDS Assistance
NHC has received
its second consecutive Ryan White Title I Grant—enabling
the HIV/AIDS community to avail itself of the natural health therapies
to assist with the toxic side-effects of HIV drugs. Read more.
Webinars with Vital Connection
NHC offers vibrant, informative on-line training in a wide variety of holistic modalities, including certifications in aromatherapy, flower essences and crystals.Read more.
Essences Classes and Certifications
Our emotions and mental perspectives are often the exact aspect of ourselves
that is in need of change to create health and happiness. Dr. Bach, the
developer of the flower essence philosophy, states that the individual
is like an onion. As we grow and heal our upsets, we peel back layers of
that onion. The road to health on all levels starts with emotional/mental
The NHC offers a lecture and a certification course in flower essences. Please
visit our calendar for upcoming classes, or call
us for more information
or to schedule a lecture.
Flower Essences Classes
Students can take any of the flower essence certification classes as individual classes.
Flower Essences Lectures
Our flower essences lecture teaches participants about how flower essences can assist in their emotional healing. For more information lease visit our Natural Healthcare Lectures page.
Flower Essences Certification
In the Northeast Holistic Center's flower
essences certification, we learn that through the use of the 38 English
Flower Essences that Dr. Bach discovered, an individual can deal
with the day to day upsets as well as the underlying belief systems that
create the confusion and upset. You will also study FES (Flower Essence
Services English Flower Essences), Alaskan Flower Essences, and Lila Devi's
Masters Flower Essences. An extensive comparison of the different types
of flower essences and their companies' philosophies as well as an in-depth
study of emotions and emotional responses are a part of each class.
Flower essences are an effective, gentle and easy-to-use tool to combat
everything from anxiety to menopause to ADD. Flower essences get to the
root of diseases by addressing the mental and emotional imbalances that
This comprehensive certification course in flower essences covers the
use of Bach, Masters, Alaskan, North American FES and English FES flower
essences. Students are taught case-taking skills for conducting sessions
with clients, how to make flower essence blends specific to the client's
(or their own) needs, and how to incorporate the use of flower essences
into their day-to-day lives to reduce the effects of stress and disease
and regain emotional balance in their lives.
The Flower Essences Certification program includes the twenty-four classes,
practicum work and application for certification.
Note: You can take an individual class, OR you can take the twenty-four
class course certification program. Please visit our calendar for upcoming
classes, or contact us for more information.
Flower Essences explored in each class from the
- B - Bach
- F - FES English Set
- FA - FES North American Set
- A - Alaskan
- M - Master Flower Essences
- Flower Essences Studied
in Classes for Certification [listed by class number]:
- B & F - Rescue Remedy/Five Flower
- B & F: Aspen & Mimulus; FA: Angel's
Trumpet, Baby Blue Eyes, Poison Oak, Purple Monkey Flower, Scarlet Monkey
Flower, Star Thistle; A: Round-leaved Sundew; M: Tomato.
- B & F: Cerato & Scleranthus; FA: Basil,
Calla Lily, Violet; A: Lamb's Quarters; M: Apple.
- B & F: Clematis & White Chestnut; FA:
Alpine Lily, Canyon Dudleya, Shasta Daisy; A: Northern Twayblade; M:
- B & F: Heather & Impatiens; FA: Fairy
Lantern, Pink Yarrow, Rosemary, St. John's Wort; A: Blueberry Pollen;
- B & F: Agrimony & Centaury; FA: Black
Cohosh, Goldenrod, Corn, Filaree; A: One-sided Wintergreen; M: Almond.
- B & F: Larch & Elm; FA: Buttercup,
Indian Pink, Rabbitbrush; A: Soapberry; M: Spinach.
- B & F: Vine & Beech; FA: Yellow Star
Tulip, Trillium, Mallow; A: Green Bog Orchid; M: Blackberry.
- B & F: Holly & Willow; FA: Calendula,
Deerbrush, Sage, Star Tulip; A: Green Fairy Orchid; M: Raspberry.
- B & F: Oak & Olive; FA: Dandelion,
Peppermint, Trumpet Vine, Zinnia; A: Bladderwort; M: Corn.
- B & F: Red Chestnut & Chicory; FA: Bleeding
Heart, Mountain Pride, Mullein, Oregon Grape; A: Shooting Star; M: Peach.
- B & F: Wild Oat & Walnut; FA: Blackberry,
Chrysanthemum, Yarrow; A: Hairy Butterwort, Sitka Spruce Pollen; M: Grape.
- B & F: Gorse & Mustard; FA: Lady Slipper,
Borage, Angelica; A: Ladies Tresses; M: Coconut.
- B & F: Chestnut Bud & Honeysuckle;
FA: Chamomile, Hibiscus, Mountain Pennyroyal; A: Cattail Pollen; M: Avocado;
- B & F: Pine & Gentian; FA: Garlic,
Indian Paintbrush, Larkspur; A: Sitka Burnet; M: Strawberry.
- B & F: Star of Bethlehem & Sweet Chestnut;
FA: Arnica, Scotch Broom, Yerba Santa; A: White Fireweed; M: Pear.
- B & F: Wild Rose & Hornbeam; FA: California
Pitcher Plant, California Wild Rose, Iris, Madia, Self Heal, Tansy; A:
Sphagnum Moss; M: Cherry.
- B & F: Rock Water & Crab Apple; FA:
Hound's Tongue, Manzanita, Milk Weed, Morning Glory, Pretty Face,
Yarrow Special Formula; A: Wild Rhubarb, Sweet Grass; M: Fig.
- B & F: Rock Rose & Water Violet; FA:
Quaking Grass, Saguaro, Sticky Monkey Flower, Sweet Pea, Tiger Lily;
A: Moschatel; M: Pineapple.
- B & F: Cherry Plum & Vervain; FA: Aloe
Vera, Chaparral, Cosmos, Dill, Echinacea, Fuchsia, Lavender, Mugwort;
A: Comandra; M: Banana.
- FA: Black-eyed Susan, California Poppy, Dogwood, Easter Lily,
Evening Primrose, Golden Eardrops; A: Harebell; M: Orange.
- FA: Forget-Me-Not, Golden Yarrow, Lotus, Love-Lies-Bleeding,
Mariposa Lily, Nasturtium, Pink Monkey Flower; A: Northern Lady's Slipper.
- FA: Cayenne, Nicotiana, Penstemon, Pomegranate, Queen Anne's
Lace, Quince, Red Clover, Sagebrush, Snapdragon, Sun Flower; A: Tundra
Topics Focused On [listed by class number]:
- Introduction to Bach Flower Essences and
how they were developed.
- Understanding the seven categories of emotions
upon which Dr. Bach created the flower essences.
- How to make a dose bottle and ways to use flower
- Peeling back the layers of the emotional onion
to access the core issues is explored.
- Exploring how many circumstances
(causation) can appear to manifest one single identifiable emotion.
how to listen to what is REALLY being said.
- Case taking skills.
- Review of case taking skills and how a practitioner
can experience what a client says in many ways.
- Working with similarities and differences within pairs of Bach
- Detached listening and how to listen correctly.
- Role-playing and case taking skills are further developed.
- Further work with comparing similarities and differences of
groups of two, three and four flower essences to be better able
to suggest the correct essences.
- Working with the energy of the flower essences through cards.
More role-playing and evaluation of appropriate Bach Flower essences
- How to make your own flower essences.
- Dealing with emotional aspects of physical disorders.
- How to approach clinical studies and research on unknown flower
- Dealing with PMS through flower essences.
- Working with the mind/body relationship and stress.
- How journal keeping can assist a client in working with their
emotions and flower essences.
- How dream journal keeping can assist a client in working with
their emotions and flower essences.
- A different approach to using flower essences - the Master
Flower Essence way.
- How affirmations and other enhancers can assist the use of
- Comparison of flower essences, aromatherapy, herbs and homeopathy.
Practicum Requirements: The final part of the certification process is
a satisfactorily completed, teacher supervised and evaluated research project
and case study project with appropriate documentation by the student.
For more information on Flower Essences Education please contact
view our calendar.